The sabbath is for KUWTK re-runs.
Pampering yourself is important, more so than you’d think. I know we all live busy lives, some may have jobs, kids, school or even all of the above! But we must remember that taking a couple of hours for ourselves at least once a week helps keep us happy and sane! This is my Sunday routine, something that I try (and often fail) to do for myself every Sunday. This is also part of my NYR (New Year’s Resolutions) as I need to care for myself properly.
I like to get all of my school work done on Friday or Saturday to keep Sunday open for pampering and Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Definitely not gonna let school get in the way of that.
A Sunday well spent brings a week of content
Below is a brief description of the things I do on Sundays (and you should do too!) to have some you time.
- Wash your hair and give yourself a blow out. I know your arms will likely get tired, but hey now you can justify skipping the gym.
- Stay home all day. I try not to step foot outside on Sundays.
- Take a bath. Lush bath bombs are LIFE.
- Use a scrub on your skin in the bath and moisturize like crazy when you get out, you’ll thank me later.
- Light a candle. This can be during the bath, after the bath, before the bath, anytime and every time.
- Paint your nails! I get acrylics put on so I just paint my toe nails. I try to change the color every weekend to keep my toes fresh and ready in case I feel like getting wild and end up pulling out an open-toed shoe.
- Plan out your outfits for the week. This may sound like work but this can be very therapeutic for me.
- Catch-up on episodes you missed during your busy week.
- Watch KUWTK. This is a must for me, bible.
- Journal. Whether you do this every day or not, try to take at least one calm and relaxing day to just write something and be creative.
- Catch up on your favorite blogs. Have you seen all of my posts from the week?
- Read a book for fun.
- Have some freaking dessert. Don’t worry if you’ve earned it or not. Eat the sweets.
- Cuddle with a pet, person or pillow.
- Do some yoga. There are plenty of videos out there for beginners.
- Put on your favorite songs and dance. Sing along in the mirror.
- Waste time. Just do it, it’s liberating.
- Relax. Rejuvenate. Refresh.
With that I leave you. Please remember to take some time out for yourself, your own mental and physical health are just as important as all of your responsibilities.
Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed.